Our list of healthy airport salads this week need not be synonymous with vegetarianism. Steak or salmon on top of those greens, anyone? Though there are also plenty of vegan and raw establishments at airports that cater to clean eaters, too.
These fresh airport salads show us that it is becoming a bit easier to find healthy, and also delicious meal options when you fly. Finally!
Here are the top 10 healthy airport salads to try this week at airports across the US
1. Los Angeles International Airport: Earthbar, Terminal 6, and the Tom Bradley Terminal
Earthbar was ranked #1 for the healthiest grab-n-go food at airports across the country by USA Today readers.
2. Boston Logan Airport: Cosi, Terminal B
3. Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Wolfgang Puck Express, Terminals 1 & 3
4. Washington Dulles International Airport: &pizza, Concourse B, Gate B71 and Concourse C, Gate C28
5. Philadelphia International Airport: Sky Asian Bistro, Terminal C, Gate C19
This award-winning spot has sushi and Asian fusion dishes featuring specialty rolls, sashimi, and dumplings served up fresh.
6. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport: Garbanzo, Terminal D
7. Sacramento International Airport: Jack’s Urban Eats, Terminal B
This urban cafeteria serves award-winning, farm fresh salads and sandwiches.
8. George Bush Intercontinental Airport: Freshii, Terminal B
Seems like this Buddha Bowl would make an ideal meal for the frequent traveler. It’s got avocado, brown rice, black beans, corn, tomatoes and falafel.
9. Denver International Airport: Crú Food and Wine Bar, Terminal B, Gate B51
Here you’ll find shared appetizers, individual gourmet pizzas, and a selection of domestic cheeses, paninis and desserts. Also, they’ve got an ever-changing wine menu.
10. Orlando International Airport: QDOBA Mexican Grill, Gates 30-59, Food Court
They fire grill steak and chicken right in front of you on fresh greens, we are liking that!
It can be hard to find something good to eat at the airport, because we never have enough time to search around.
Once you get the right information, there is no need to ask for dressing on the side and only have flavorless mains to choose from. Let your hunger build, choose one of our 10 healthy airport salads this week in the US, and dig in!