Our culture thrives on the idea of high risk, high reward. We abuse our bodies – by overworking no enough resting or eating well. An airport is usually a place of limited time and no time to relax. But have you ever thought about getting an airport massage?
There are many places to get a massage at the airport but most of us don’t think to plan the time to book this service. Airport Spas are on the rise and now is the best time to take the time for some airport wellness services during your travel day.
A recent article by Shape, The Mind-Body Benefits of Getting a Massage shows that the many benefits of a regular rubdown go far beyond skin deep.
With that being said, massages are all about healing and giving your body more by giving it the resources to heal itself. There’s data suggesting that a massage can decrease muscle spasms and all kinds of pain – back pain, anxiety, depressed mood, and feelings of stress.
Reasons why an airport massage can be great:
1. Helps you avoid being in a bad mood when there is another flight delay or gate change.
2. You’ll refrain from getting into a pissed off mood.
3. You could be the only one at the airport smiling.
4. You won’t have to drink excessively at the airport or on the airplane to take the edge off. This is a healthy alternative!
ALSO READ: Don’t drink and fly
5. You’ll get that namaste feeling! With that feeling, you’ll definitely want to share it with others.
6. Can help with a bad layover.
7. Relaxation during congested holiday travel in the form of an airport massage is always nice!
8. You can escape an annoying travel partner for a while.
9. Assists you in dealing with the people hogging the charging station more effectively than you ever could have imagined.
10. You won’t buy bad airport food because you’ll feel fantastic!