Jetblue JFK Airport in Terminal 5 is all about the people and creating a definite sense of wellness. Well, that’s the overall vibe that we got. We recently passed through JFK Airport to attend The Well Summit. Jetblue is one of eight Terminals at JFK.
One of the first things we noticed when entering the terminal was the 80s music. After all, our favourite cure for travel stress is The Cure! Furthermore, you can make requests for specific music to play via rockbot. How awesome is that?
Some airport terminals can leave you feeling hangry, stressed and gross. However, this is not the case if you’re landing or taking off at Jetblue JFK Airport. We love all the different ways to improve your health and wellness! Of course, we had to round them up for you. Enjoy!
Here are 10 ways to get a wellness-infused layover at Jetblue JFK Airport T5
Where to eat:
1. Grab a freshly made juice at Jamba Juice. We’re always on the look out for fresh juice! Nothing helps make a layover feel more healthy than sipping on a cold-pressed juice.
Location: Marketplace, center core
2. Make your salad the way you like it in the food court. There’s something personal about how much lettuce to use as your base and how you mix your greens. Load everything into your salad in the right amounts just for you!
Location: T5 Marketplace, center core food court
3. Have fantastic sushi at Deep Blue Sushi. Thrillist recently named Deep Blue Sushi as the best restaurant at JFK Airport and one of the best airport eateries in the country.
Location: Marketplace, in front of center core
Where to play:
Unfortunately, there are no airport therapy dogs roaming around to say hello to. However, there were still plenty of regular dogs around the terminal.
4. Take your kids to one of two play areas, so you can sit down and relax while they play. You can also take them to the rooftop where they have lots of space to (safely) run around.
Locations: JetBlue Junior Kids Area (aviation-themed), near gate 26 and Amazon-sponsored kids area, near gate 12.
RECOMMENDED: 10 US airport play areas for children
Where to stay:
5.Take a snooze and recharge in MetroNaps EnergyPods—for free! The design of these pods allows for a zero-gravity position. They feature composed sleep music and a gentle wake sequence of programmed lights and vibrations. The pods also have a privacy visor without completely enclosing you inside. You can rotate the privacy visor for additional seclusion.
Locations: Near Gates 27 and 28, and Gates 14-16
6. Take a shower and relax at AirSpace Lounge for $25.00. It’s the only lounge at Jetblue JFK Airport. Get refreshed before or after a long journey!
Location: Between Gates 24-25
How to get healthy:
7. Mediate in the rooftop garden. The 4,046-square-foot T5 Rooftop is both family and pet-friendly, and anyone can access the space regardless of their status with the airline. Also, you will remain connected to Jetblue’s free wi-fi.
8. Fill up your water bottle at Jetblue JFK Airport’s hydration station. Yes, there is only one, but it’s worth the wait.
Location: Near gates 26 and 27
Where to enjoy spas and beauty:
9. Satisfy your beauty curiosities at one of the two Benefit Cosmetics kiosks.
Locations: Opposite Gate 23, and Between Gates 9-10
10. Get pampered at Be Relax Spa with various spa services. Our favorite is an airport blow out! They also have a chair massage with Oxygen/Aromatherapy that provides 50% more oxygen to your brain. Increased oxygen can help reduce the effects of jetlag, and stress.
Location: Opposite Gates 6-7
To us, wellness is about finding healthy food you love! At Jetblue JFK Airport you can choose from a selection of 38 food and beverage outlets via an iPad versus wandering around. (Even though, walking around is healthy for you too.) You can order any food via the iPads—and it will get delivered to you! Yes, this is correct and convenient. You can also order and pick it up before boarding your flight.
Ultimately, we were very impressed with Terminal 5 Jetblue JFK Airport. Our travels were stress-free, seamless and there was wi-fi everywhere—even on their rooftop! We chose from a variety of healthy food options and got some wellness on the fly.
What’s your favourite thing about Jetblue JFK Airport?